Teething problems in babies




When does it start?
Teething usually begins around 6 months of age. But it is normal for teething to start at any time between 3 months and 12 months of age.

Symptoms?
Some babies are fussier than usual when they are teething. This may be because of soreness and swelling in the gums before a tooth comes through. These symptoms usually begin about 3 to 5 days before the tooth shows, and they disappear as soon as the tooth breaks the skin.

Well here's my story about teething in my eldest baby boy and how I was able to overcome it.



When my little Amish had just started teething he began getting very cranky and would bite on to every toy he was playing with. I was a first time mom and I had no experience much with babies and I had no help whatsoever from anyone. Hubby would be busy at work and I a new mom had to handle the situation all by myself. It was getting very frustrating and I would sit and cry myself not knowing just what to do. Carrying him, taking him for walks or singing to him would keep him quiet and calm for a little while only.

Luckily I had my dental checkup the following week and since there was no one at home to look after Amish I took along with me to the dentist. After I had finished my checkup, I casually mentioned to the dentist about my baby being cranky all the while. She said she would like to take a look at his gums. When she checked him she found his gums were very hard to touch and told me he was beginning to teeth and that I shouldn't worry too much. She then advised me to freeze a carrot and then allow him to bite onto it since the freezing carrot would help soothe and numb the pain in the gums.

Well, I tried her remedy and bingo!! it all worked out so well. No more crying but only a happy and cheerful baby enjoying his carrot. To my surprise he seemed to like the taste of it as well.


My Amish is now 9yrs old but he still munches carrots like it is the only snack in the world. Healthy snacks are the best I always say :)

I continued the remedy for all my other kids as well and I really had no much problems. Now my newest addition who is now 6 months old cut his first tooth at 5.5 months. Initially he cried and had slight fever but luckily the tooth broke out of the skin real soon. I then started giving him a frozen carrot to bite at. He has now cut 2 cute teeth and enjoys biting on to the carrot and is very cheerful at all times.









Aruna L Mascarenhas

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our 3 weeks stay at Royal Monterio - Royal Goan Beach Club Goa.

Simply Mom Me (Simplymomie)

Our 5D/4N vacation at Royal Goan Beach Club Calvaddo.